The North Alabama Railroad Museum (NARM) began life in 1966. In the early days, NARM rallied around its own steam locomotive No. 77 and after much hard work it was used to power several mainline excursions. For over two decades, NARM sponsored mainline railroad excursions (usually) to Chattanooga, Tennessee behind such wonderful steam locomotives as Southern No. 4501 and eventually N&W No. 1218. In the mid-eighties, the museum had the opportunity to purchase its own railroad track and right-of-way, so NARM sold steam locomotive No. 77 as a way to finance the purchase.
Today, we provide train rides on our own Mercury & Chase Railroad. Our museum continues to grow in scope and purpose. We are gladly accepting new members and invite any and all persons interested in trains and railroading to join. All that we ask is that you support the efforts of the museum and abide by its by-laws. Individual membership is limited to persons 18 years and older. We are community minded and strive to maintain good relationships with our neighbors. We have a wide diversity of members and you are sure to find your niche in our museum.
Members of NARM will receive a periodic newsletter, “White Flags and Full Steam”, which is put together by members, for members. It’s goal is to highlight the efforts of those involved and generally keep the readership up to date on all the current news and happenings.
If you are interested in being considered for membership in our museum please review our “Membership Brochure” for more information about what being a member of NARM is all about. Membership dues are $25 for an individual and $30 for a family membership. If you would like to become a member, fill out the application using one of the methods below with the necessary information (please be sure to sign and date as required). New applications will not be processed without payment.
New members have three ways to submit a membership form:
- Download and enter the required information in a fillable PDF by clicking on this link: “Membership Application Form”. After you complete the form be sure and sign it electronically and send it to our email address at: email@example.com or bring it by the museum on a Wednesday or Saturday morning.
- You can fill out the form on the back of a paper membership application and submit it in person or mail it in but we prefer to avoid hand-written applications to avoid errors caused by legibility problems.
- You can simply fill out the online form below and press “Send”. After you press “Send NARM Application Form” we will review your application and get back with you shortly. You should get an email letting you know that your application has been received.
New members and renewing members have three ways to submit your dues:
- You can bring your check or cash by the museum on a Wednesday or Saturday morning in person at the Chase Depot located at 694 Chase Road, Huntsville, AL. We will not be able to make change and checks should be made out to “North Alabama Railroad Museum”.
- You may mail in your dues check to our address at: North Alabama Railroad Museum, 694 Chase Road, Huntsville, AL 35811 .
- You may click on the PayPal “Donate” button here or at the bottom of this page. Please denote “membership” on the PayPal transaction.
We greatly appreciate your interest in becoming a part of our museum !
Notice: Members that are renewing please do not fill out this membership form.